- Baton Rouge
As a Senior Designer, you will be an active leader within the MESH creative team, designing for a variety of client accounts, participating or leading in brainstorming sessions, writing rationales in support of your work, and learning and staying up to date on design trends and techniques in order to provide the best work for our clients.
- Design for various mediums, including print, billboards, animated graphics, video, packaging, websites, mobile applications, social media, brand systems, and logos.
- Ability to adapt design style for a variety of clients across a vast number of industries.
- Learn about and stay up to date on design trends, principles, and techniques.
- Utilize principles of human-centered design to create educated and rational design decisions.
- Be able to defend your design decisions with a user-first rationale internally and face-to-face with clients.
- Interpret creative briefs, research, and inspiration to develop mood boards and guidelines for logos and marketing campaign creative.
- Compile comprehensive color palettes, font usage, and other design elements to establish an overall look and feel for collective creative assets.
- Collaborate with creative and brand teams to further evolve look-and-feel to reach the final direction.
- Review and approve all established campaign resizing for media placements
- Research and understand the client’s industry, competition, history, goals, and objectives and make thoughtful design decisions relevant to that information. Attend Discovery meetings as requested.
- Contribute to marketing strategies from a design perspective.
- Create spec work for potential clients as well as work on pitch decks.
Teamwork & Management
- Lead brainstorming sessions with other team members to quickly determine strategy and direction for a client.
- Offer input and guidance to co-workers in a constructive, encouraging way.
- Be willing to teach or pass along knowledge to co-workers.
- Ability to mentor Junior Designers and Design Interns
- Along with other creative managers,
- Interview and select interns each semester.
- Supervise their creative work.
- Oversee their work schedules.
- Provide performance reviews per their course credit, if applicable
- Ensure projects are moving within the agreed timelines and communicate with the team if they are not.
- Work with Brand Managers on project budgets and timelines, as needed
- Deliver files according to specs and requirements.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently. Exceptional attention to detail andability to go beyond expectations.
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism to make necessary adjustments.
- Understand and live the MESH culture and share with others
- 5 or more years of design experience across a variety of mediums (Digital, Motion, Print)
- 3 or more years at an agency or in-house marketing department a must
- Extensive experience across a variety of media (print, motion, web)
- Experience in concept ideation, design strategy, and digital prototyping
- Ability to give direction, communicate ideas quickly and clearly, and present ideas to clients
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Cloud suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Experience in User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) Design
- Confident self-starter and a quick learner
- Ability to quickly switch between tasks in a fast-paced environment
- An eye for detail and a desire for pixel-perfect design
- Time management skills and the ability to adhere to deadlines
- Team leadership and mentoring skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Advertising, or related field
- Experience in web-building platforms such as Squarespace or Webflow
- Additional skills in UI design tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma, Framer, or InVisionStudio
- Additional skills in digital prototyping tools like Principle and InVision
- Candidate must be able to present valid U.S. Work Authorization documents.
- Candidate must demonstrate verbal and written mastery of the English language.
- Successful candidate will be required to attend in-person meetings with local clients (Louisiana).
- Working hours are Central Standard Time