As a Graphic Design Intern, you will be an active part of the MESH creative team. You will be responsible for designing for a variety of client accounts, participating in brainstorming sessions, writing rationales in support of your work, and learning and staying up to date on design trends, principles and techniques in order to provide the best work for our clients.
- Paid internship
- Quality Agency Experience
- Applicable for certain academic credits
- Creative Workspace
- Rivers of Coffee & Tasty Snacks
- Casual Dress Code
We believe that if you invest in talented people, surround them with other talented people and let them do their thing, mind-blowing results are bound to follow.
If you shoot for the moon, love what you do and constantly keep exploring you may be the MESHite we’re looking for. At MESH, anyone can pitch an idea and expect to be heard. We don’t discriminate based on job title, experience or background. A good idea is a good idea no matter where it comes from.
Serve. Be Authentic. Go Beyond.
- Design for a variety of mediums including print, billboards, packaging, websites, mobile applications, social media, branding and logos.
- Design for a variety of clients across a wide number of industries.
- Learn about and stay up to date on design trends, principles and techniques.
- Utilize principles of human-centered design to create educated and rational design decisions.
- Be able to defend your design decisions with a user-first rationale.
- Learn and understand the principles of user experience design.
- Research and understand the client’s industry, competition, history, goals and objectives and make thoughtful design decisions relevant to that information.
- Contribute to marketing strategies from a design perspective
- Participate and occasionally lead brainstorming sessions with other team members in order to quickly determine strategy and direction for a client.
- Offer input and guidance to co-workers in a constructive, encouraging way.
- Be willing to teach or pass along knowledge to co-workers.
- Must be available at least 15 hours per week and in school or completed various design classes
- In-depth knowledge of the Adobe Design Suite including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Desire to learn User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) Design
- Confident self-starter and a quick learner
- Ability to quickly switch between tasks in a fast-paced environment
- An eye for detail and a desire for pixel-perfect design
- Time management skills and the ability to adhere to deadlines
- Detail oriented and can adhere to deadlines
- Have a portfolio to share
- Currently pursuing or just received Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Advertising, or related field
- Experience in User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) Design helpful
- Experience in web-building platforms such as Squarespace or Webflow helpful
- Agency experience helpful